Since our founding, Laisar has contributed to the revitalization and development of communities by using data to help organizations understand the social, economic and environmental benefits of actively engaging with the surrounding communities in which they operate. We help clients tell data-driven compelling stories about their socio-economic impact, gain new insights into their organization, update their business diversity strategy, and actively comply with government and corporate requirements for supplier diversity.
We are looking for a talented Project Manager who is highly organized, detail oriented, and a great communicator with a passion and experience to work with internal stakeholders and external clients to define project concepts and manage processes to implement. This includes setting and managing client expectations, developing detailed project plans, defining the scope of the projects, understanding project risks and working with team members to implement specific tasks.
- Co-ordinate and execute Project Management Plans.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage relationships with clients and all stakeholders.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Represent Client’s Projects at strategic outreach events.
- Meet regularly with project teams on project schedule.
- Coordinate with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Establish effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Facilitate change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Conduct post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, or related fields.
- Preferred experience of 3-5 years within community and stakeholder outreach activities or an equivalent combination of experience.
- Experience with construction projects and suppliers a plus.
- Experience with community outreach.
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience preparing reports.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience with managing a CRM is a plus.
- Experience managing vendor contracts.
- Exceptional strategic thinker.
- Business acumen. Someone who will quickly pick up on how our business works.
- Must be motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, with strong organizational and team skills.
Required Computing Skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of technical design and portal aspects of SharePoint
- Knowledge of computer software, such as Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
This is a Full-Time position based in Silver Spring, Maryland.
$50,000 – $60,000 per year
How to Apply
If you are interested in being our Project Manager, please submit your application here. Thank you!